Waltham Abbey Greens are part of Epping Forest Green Party, working with local residents, small business, community groups and our councils to help improve our town.
As Green Party members and supporters we are in a unique position to provide a different perspective on day-to-day issues, putting people and planet before big business and profit.
We're lucky to live in Waltham Abbey - let's work together to make it even better.
Over the last three years the Green Party has gone from having very little presence in Waltham Abbey to:
- delivering regular newsletters door-to-door in two of Waltham Abbey's wards
- playing a crucial role in saving the Royal Gunpowder Mills from being lost to a children's holiday camp
- campaigning to save what's left of our bus services, including the 505 and evening 250 & 251 services
- working with the Epping Forest Forum and Epping Forest Wildlife Protection Group around deer hunting and deer deaths on the forest's roads
- pushing for more transparency and public engagement from our local authorities at town and county level
- raising awareness of the service cuts at our fire station
- supporting and promoting our small businesses
- actively helping to reduce litter - including getting our feet wet in the Cornmill Stream
- providing ongoing support for local people around issues such as disabled parking, safer streets and challenging inappropriate planning applications.
From a standing start in 2015 we've achieved a lot.
If you like what we do why not help us do more of it? Volunteer here.