Epping Forest Green Party covers the whole Epping Forest District Council area. This site is run by Dave Plummer for issues of particular relevance to Waltham Abbey.
Since moving to Waltham Abbey Dave has:
- Campaigned to save the 505 bus, organising press coverage and a 600+ signature petition. He’s a founder member of the Epping Forest Transport Action Group, campaigning for better public transport and safer streets in Epping Forest.
- Fought to save the Royal Gunpowder Mills from the massive proposed privatisation which would see much of the current visitor attraction lost to the general public and our community.
- Organised public meetings around the Local Plan.
- Been involved in campaigning to stop Waltham Abbey Fire Station being downgraded
- Played a major part in the campaign to stop deer hunting by private members’ clubs in Epping Forest.
- Used and promoted our local businesses at every opportunity — Dave will always choose a local business over a chain it he can.
Green Belt and Housing
As a Waltham Abbey Residents Association committee member Dave has helped challenge inappropriate planning applications, defending our green belt and encouraging new, genuinely affordable homes for Waltham Abbey residents, not unaffordable homes for city executives.
In addition to campaigning around local issues Dave also gives much of his time to charities, including fundraising for Marie Curie and the Terrence Higgins Trust, along with volunteering at Waltham Abbey’s The Scratching Post cat rescue centre.
Dave’s also the Branch Sectetary for Unite Community Essex Branch, supporting voluntary/family carers, retired people, disabled people and othe runwaged people across the county.
“Electoral politics are important but they’re not the be all and end all. Commitment shouldn’t start and end when an election’s approaching.
I firmly believe that you should vote for people based on what they do rather than what they promise to do.
Promises are easily broken — actions speak louder than words.”