Councillor Vacancy for Waltham Abbey North East ward
Waltham Abbey Town Council is seeking to co-opt a new member to the Council to represent the North East Ward.
If you are interested, please check that you meet the eligibility criteria. You must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a British citizen or an eligible Commonwealth citizen
- meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- Your name must appear on the register of local government electors for the parish/community at the time of your nomination and throughout your term of office should you be elected.
- You have occupied any land or other premises as owner or tenant in the parish/community during 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish/community area. You do not have to have paid employment to qualify, as long as your main or only place of work is in the parish/community area. For example, Councillors who’s main or only job is being a councillor would be able to use this qualification, if their council office is within the parish/community.
- You have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
If you would like an application form or more information, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01992 714949.
Send your application form to The Town Clerk, Waltham Abbey Town Council, Town Hall, Highbridge Street, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1DE by noon on 22″ July 2021.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place by the end of July 2021 and a decision will be taken after all interviews have been completed.
If you’re thinking of applying you might find these documents useful.